Sunday, August 22, 2010

Game Play and Control

Quake IV is currently my favorite game.  I am a big fan of first person shooters on PC.  It took me a long time to figure out how much more this game had to offer than other shooters.  In the beginning I, like countless others, couldn't, for the life of me, figure out why some people moved so much faster than I did.  The game seemed to out of my grasp and I thought people must have been cheating.  However, I stuck with it and chatted with people in the game and they either told me themselves, or they told me where to pick up movement tips.  There were even training maps where one could hone his skills to catch up with the competition.  I feel this game is polished, however some of it has to be sacrificed unless you have a very expensive computer (that has better graphics cards, more RAM, etc.).  Though you can still watch bodies explode when you frag them with a rocket launcher.

I never expected to have as much fun as I did playing this game.  Thanks to the learning curve (which brings in hours of training and testing your progress) I fell into this game very deeply.  And was satisfied even without all of its polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment